Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Love Is...

As I sit here tonight on my last night at home before flying to Madagascar tomorrow (by way of Detroit and Paris), so many thoughts are on my mind.
Due to multiple circumstances out of anyone's control, the Africa Mercy has been delayed more than two weeks from it's scheduled trip from the port in South Africa to the port in Madagascar where it will be docked for the next ten months. Hundreds of crew members, including myself, were given about a week's notice about this change, shocking everyone! This last minute change caused a whirlwind of emotions ranging from anger and confusion to excitement and happiness. But most of all through this time, I have felt more at peace than ever that this is where I am supposed to be. Many would have used this time to get discouraged or look at all the negatives; however, all I have seen from each interaction with the staff and crew of Mercy Ships is faith and hope that God will work this all out exactly as He has planned. They have approached each step and decision with prayer first - proving time and time again that this ministry is wholeheartedly seeking to follow God's leading in every detail.
All that leads me to say, I approach tomorrow with a mix of excitement and nervousness! I'm 100% ready to finally begin this journey for which I've been preparing for months, but I'm always slightly hesitant of the unknown...new people, new places, international travel...so many things that could go wrong. But if I've learned anything in the past few weeks it is to take the first step of faith and trust God to handle the rest.

I didn't make it very far into my series about Mercy Ships, but I did have one more video I wanted to leave you with and I hope it will make you fall in love with this ministry and the African people as much as it did for me!



So if you think of me in the next 48-72 hours, please pray for safe travels and God's hand of protection over all those traveling from all around the world to serve on the Africa Mercy. Also pray that things would go smoothly with the transition to the ship and the preparations to open the hospital in a few weeks.

Thank you all for following along with this adventure and check back soon for the first views of Madagascar!





No comments: